Saturday, May 26, 2012

Brew 00403

The fizzing seems to have died down to almost nothing now.  Given that it has now been three weeks at it I am going to assume that the ferment has done it's dash.

There is a LOT of sediment in the bottom of the bottle, so I decide to decant it to another bottle to get rid of that before freezing it for a few days to kill off any remaining yeast etc.

The decanting didn't actually go all that smoothly.  I couldn't find the funnel and thought "I'll be ok just pouring it - the bottle has a wide mouth.  Yeah, right.  Glad I decided to do this in the sink as there was quite a bit of spillage.

Combining what I took out to make room for the sugar etc, with what I left behind, full of sediment, as well as what I spilled, I end up getting slightly under half a bottle of actual drink left.  Still, 1.5L of 'wine' isn't bad for $5

Into the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment