Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Brew 00405 - tasting

Inmate Brew tasting

So, the brew defrosted a lot quicker than it froze.  Tonight is tasting night!

All in all ... I am a little ... underwhelmed ... The result is by no means unpleasant (which was always a possibility :) ) and definitely has alcohol in it - I'm guessing more than 10% but less than commercial wines at 12-13%, but it was rather ... thin seeming.  I could still taste the apple and orange juice, but only just.  I'm guessing that the yeast eating the sugars in the bottle didn't stop at the sugar I added and also ate up the fruit sugars, decreasing the taste.

I have seen a video on Youtube (by Craig again!) about adding back flavour after the event so I might give that a try and see how it turns out.  Right now all we have in the house to try that with is Lemonade, so I gave that a go.  Not exactly great but probably nicer than drinking it straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment